By Cameron H. Malin,Terry Gudaitis,Thomas Holt,Max Kilger
Deception within the electronic Age: Exploiting and protecting Human ambitions via Computer-Mediated Communication guides readers during the attention-grabbing heritage and ideas of deception—and how those concepts and stratagems at the moment are being successfully utilized by cyber attackers. clients will locate an in-depth advisor that gives invaluable insights into the cognitive, sensory and narrative bases of misdirection, used to form the precise audience’s perceptions and beliefs.
The textual content offers an in depth research of the mental, sensory, sociological, and technical precepts that display predictors of attacks—and conversely postmortem perception approximately attackers—presenting a distinct source that empowers readers to monitor, comprehend and guard opposed to cyber deception tactics.
Written via info defense specialists with real-world investigative adventure, the textual content is the main educational booklet to be had at the topic, delivering useful suggestions to readers with wealthy literature references, diagrams and examples that improve the educational process.
- Deeply examines the psychology of deception throughout the lens of misdirection and different recommendations utilized by grasp magicians
- Explores cognitive vulnerabilities that cyber attackers use to use human targets
- Dissects the underpinnings and components of deception narratives
- Examines staff dynamics and deception elements in cyber attacker underground markets
- Provides deep insurance on how cyber attackers leverage mental effect recommendations within the trajectory of deception strategies
- Explores the deception techniques utilized in today’s risk landscape—phishing, watering gap, scareware and ransomware attacks
- Gives exceptional perception into misleading web video communications
- Delves into the background and deception pathways of geographical region and cyber terrorism attackers
- Provides targeted perception into honeypot applied sciences and strategies
- Explores the way forward for cyber deception
Read or Download Deception in the Digital Age: Exploiting and Defending Human Targets through Computer-Mediated Communications PDF
Best software development books
An program technology For Multi-Agent structures addresses the complexity of selecting which multi-agent keep an eye on applied sciences are applicable for a given challenge area or a given program. with no such wisdom, while confronted with a brand new program area, agent builders needs to depend upon prior adventure and instinct to figure out no matter if a multi-agent procedure is the best process, and if this is the case, the way to constitution the brokers, the right way to decompose the matter, and the way to coordinate the actions of the brokers, and so on.
Software program muss funktionieren, um von Kunden akzeptiert zu werden. Doch wie stellt guy sicher, dass die Steuerung eines Raumschiffs, eines Herzschrittmachers oder einer Aktienverwaltung korrekt funktioniert? Neben den klassischen Testansätzen spielen für den Korrektheitsnachweis zunehmend formale Modelle eine zentrale Rolle.
A realistic consultant to software program TestingMuch has been written concerning the hassle of software program checking out. frequently those laments are followed through cautionary phrases approximately how cautious one needs to be to make sure checking out is finished safely. even though, there's a dearth of assets that provide useful counsel at the nuts and bolts of trying out.
Dieses Buch vermittelt ein fundiertes Grundwissen über Softwarequalität. Kann guy Qualität messen und wie kommt guy zu sinnvollen Qualitätskriterien? Wie findet guy Fehler in Programmen und wie geht guy beim systematischen Testen vor? Auch organisatorische Fragen werden betrachtet. Das Buch eignet sich als Begleitlektüre zu einer Vorlesung und zum Selbststudium.
Extra info for Deception in the Digital Age: Exploiting and Defending Human Targets through Computer-Mediated Communications
Deception in the Digital Age: Exploiting and Defending Human Targets through Computer-Mediated Communications by Cameron H. Malin,Terry Gudaitis,Thomas Holt,Max Kilger